logo blog

Am interested in getting my eagles job back —Siasia

Am interested in getting my eagles job back —Siasia



Former Super Eagles coach, Samson Siasia, has confirmed speculations that he is interested in staging a come back as the team’s gaffer, a job Stephen Keshi is currently still hanging on to in interim capacity.

Speaking during a media parley with Friends of Football Foundation in Abuja yesterday, the coach stated that though it is the NFF executive committee that will determine who leads the Eagles, there was nothing wrong in his indicating interest to take the job.

He insisted that since coaching is all about hiring and firing, there was no big deal in his eyeing Keshi’s job, more so when Keshi was the one he lost the job to in 2012.

He stressed that the Eagles job is up for grabs since Keshi’s contract had expired.

His words: “I have read several reports concerning my taking over from Keshi, but I don’t know what is going on because the NFF has to get itself together before anybody can talk anything about Eagles coaching job.


“Let us just hope that the NFF election will be a successful one after that the issue of who takes charge of Eagles will come up,” he said.
On the possibility of his interest affecting his relationship with Keshi, Siasia replied: “I am not taking his job because he does not have any job in the first place at the moment because his contract has since expired. The way I see it, it will now be left for whoever emerges new NFF president and his board members to decide who they want to take over the Super Eagles.

“If they decide to appoint me, I will gladly accept the job because he also took the job away from me. One point I want to make here is that I don’t have any problem with Keshi. He remains my friend. Since he took my job, we still talk, hug and relate very well,” he insisted.

The former Dream Team chief coach equally spoke on the chances of Super Eagles qualifying for the 2015 Morocco Africa Nations Cup, warning that once we lose the game against Sudan we would have to wait until 2017 to appear in the tournament.
“Everything is hanging in the balance and if we don’t win the next game, we should forget about the ticket.” he noted.

Share this:

Enter your email address to get update from Kompi Ajaib.

No comments

About / Contact / Privacy Policy / Disclaimer
Copyright © 2015. eR1ka - All Rights Reserved
Template Proudly Blogger