logo blog

A lecturer warned me not to marry pastor Ashimolowo but thank God I didn't listen' wife says

A lecturer warned me not to marry pastor Ashimolowo but thank God I didn't listen' wife says

In an interview with City People this week, pastor Yemisi Ashimolowo, wife of pastor Mathew Ashimolowo, founder of Kingsway International Christian Church, spoke about her 33 year old marriage and how a lecturer at UNILAG warned her not to marry the pastor because he had nothing..
"I thank God that I never listened to the UNILAG lecturer who warned me against marrying Pastor Mathew otherwise I would have been probably in a one corner room in Lagos but you see how my life has turned out to be, traveling all over the world to preach and minister. The lecturer never saw any future in Pastor Mathew as a Pastor but the lecturer is late now. I didn't know that marrying Pastor Mathew will end this way even I didn't want to preach when I married him. I just wanted to be a full house wife but he was the one who really discovered me and saw the beauty of God in my life. So he mentored me to what I am today and I never knew that KICC would be a big church that it is today" she said

On how they met, the mother of Four boys said 
"Okay I can still remember vividly. It was January 1980 when Pastor Mathew came to my Dadi's church to assist him as an assistant Pastor. He just came out of Bible School as a fresh graduate then and he he was immediately posted to Foursquare Bible Church as an Assistant Pastor to my Father even though he had CAC background. And I saw this young vibrant man who was posted to my Da's branch. I remember we were having a serious challenge at that time and we were worshiping outside because our properties were thrown out by our landlords over land problem in my area at that time. It was at this period in time that this young and Fresh man came. This man was so committed and the way he was serving God swept me off my feet. Then I told God that " God, if only you can give me a man like this young and vibrant man that is newly posted to work with my Dad for a husband but must not be a Pastor" , then I will forever be grateful to you. It was his commitment to the lord that attracted me to him" he said.
Asked if it was love at first sight for them, she said 
"Not really because he was a pastor and I didn't want to marry a pastor but I was attracted to him when I saw him. I must also confess marrying Pastor Mathew is the best thing that has happened to me. But you know, as a Pastor's daughter and having 2 Uncles as Pastors, I wasn't interested in another Pastor again. But I thank God I got married to him

Share this:

Enter your email address to get update from Kompi Ajaib.

No comments

About / Contact / Privacy Policy / Disclaimer
Copyright © 2015. eR1ka - All Rights Reserved
Template Proudly Blogger